Situated on the South Coast of KZN and only an hour's drive from Durban, the picturesque and tranquil village of Umtentweni, a suburb of the town of Port Shepstone, has 5 bars/restaurants that serve food all day, a Kwikspar for grocery shopping and several other shops.
Port Shepstone Country Club is just 2 km away with facilities for golf, tennis, squash and bowls. Visitors are welcomed.There are many other golf courses in the locality.
Shelly Beach is a 15 minute drive away with a cinema and shopping malls.
The Wild Coast casino is a 35 minute drive away while inland there are the nature reserves Lake Eland and Oribi Gorge.
For the energetic there is deep sea surf and river fishing, world-ranked dive sites, hiking trails, kayaking, and local tennis and bowls clubs.
The nearby Oribi Gorge boasts the highest swing in the world (33 stories high), a 4.5 km long Zip Line as well as abseiling, river rafting, mountain biking and hiking trails.
* Nine PGA ranked golf courses
* Tennis and bowling clubs in our village
* Major shopping centres (Shelly Centre & South Coast Mall)
* Scuba diving (Shelly Beach - 15 km)
* Shark cage diving (Shelly Beach)
* Crocodile Farm (Scottburgh)
* Snake and Bird Park (15 km)
* Cinemas at Shelly Centre
* Butterfly farm (Ramsgate)
* Various markets
* Dolphin / whale safaris (Shelly Beach)
* Deep sea fishing